This job posting is for a contingent resource on assignment with Corning Incorporated. This position could provide you with an opportunity to help Corning push the boundaries of technology while enjoying the benefits of working for Magnit. Magnit is a leading, global professional services and technology company and a certified “Great Place to Work” Magnit has been a leader in contingent workforce management since 1991 and work with leading Fortune 500 companies and other large organizations across the world.
- Estimated contract duration is 12 months.
- Remote role with a lot of travel required. (a car rental would be best)
To lead a large-scale, multi-year, Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Engineer, Furnish, and Install (EF&I) program for Corning Optical Communications’ (COC) Engineering Services (ES) department. Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, coordinating, reporting, execution, invoicing, and program close-out. The position will lead a team of project managers, engineers, technicians, and administrative support personnel. Candidates are strongly encouraged to use a long-term rental for this role as 50% - 75% travel between multiple sites is expected. Incidental travel will be reimbursed by Corning. Overnight travel will be limited with the local proximity of the candidate to the project sites. The
- Lead and manage all aspects of the program
- Establish and drive how COC will meet program milestones and successfully deliver the complete program on time and on budget.
- Present program status on a regular basis to both COC and the customer’s senior management
- Establish and report program metrics and service level agreements and track performance
- Coach and support assigned project managers and subject matter experts; challenge the team to set aggressive objectives to ensure milestones are met or exceeded
- Continually look for ways to increase the speed of the program. Key areas include reducing permitting requirements and make-ready work through alternative pathways, different construction methods, and utilizing the complete portfolio of COC’s passive optical products.
- Forecast to ensure the labor pool, including construction crews, for each activity will meet or exceed the required production rates. Present any new resource justifications to ES leadership. Ensure all approved positions are staffed.
- Coordinate closely with ES Business Operations to qualify new subcontractors and implement an evaluation process to track the performance of all vendors. Take action as necessary to address sub-standard performance.
- Coordinate with ES Business Operations to track revenue, costs and margins, and continually look for ways to lower program costs
- Proven experience successfully delivering large-scale FTTH programs on time and on budget
- 15 years project management experience in the optical telecommunications sector
- Significant experience with telecom network construction methods and equipment
- Knowledge of optical fiber theory, telecommunications product knowledge, and fiber network design
- In-depth knowledge of COC products is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Candidate must be willing to live in the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre PA area to manage the program resources and routinely interact face-to-face with the customer
- Candidate must be willing to remain in this position for a minimum of one year
- Exceptional program management skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teambuilding skills
- Ability to interface and communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with all levels of personnel internal and external to COC
- Capable of creating a vision and persuading others to follow that vision
- Ability to work across organizational lines to achieve common goals and to influence others who are not direct reports
- Proven ability to effectively manage competing requirements
- Make sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to promote and implement change as well as foster continuous improvement
- Ability to build technical credibility with engineering and construction organizations
- Aptitude for financial disciplines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
This is the pay range that Magnit reasonably expects to pay someone for this position is $72.63-$96.84/hour. Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (provided minimum eligibility hours are met)